Monday, March 28, 2011

Cupcakes for Breakfast

Some people may flinch at the concept of cupcakes for breakfast. But no, not me. These cupcakes are really easy to make and aren't super sweet. (I needed a break from those triple cookie dough cupcakes!) Also they have two whole bananas in the batter - very healthy. Basically, these cupcakes are the Power Bars of cupcakes. I think I lost weight after eating one.

ANYWAY here's the recipe:

Easy Banana Cupcakes with Vanilla Cinnamon Granola Cream Cheese Frosting

http://www.cupcakeproject.com/2007/10/easy-banana-cupcakes-with-vanilla.html

The frosting is unbelievable -- I love the granola in it! It's pretty much the same base as the Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting on the pumpkin cupcakes I made a few weeks ago. Equally delicious. I'm a granola-head... what can I say?

I didn't end up using the 4 cups of powdered sugar in the frosting (because cupcakes are all about moderation, really.) I used about 2 1/2 cups of sugar and 1 1/2 cups of blueberry-apple granola. Oh yeah. Blueberry-apple. Kickin' it up a notch. BAM!

Here's a pic:

Mmm crunchy bananarama! Bonanza! Go bananas! In pajamas!

Not my proudest frosting moment. My sexy sous-chef handled the granola-ey goodness a little better, as seen in the cupcake on the right:


They stuck to the pan a little bit, but perhaps that was because dorm pans aren't exactly from the Williams-Sonoma 2011 Titanium Superchef line. 

And then I nommed on these cupcakes and life was good.

~Hannah


No comments:

Post a Comment