Thursday, March 24, 2011

Cookie Dough x 3

I'm going to start this post off with a little factual tidbit:

 I used SEVEN sticks of butter for this recipe.

Actually, I used 10 because we accidentally melted butter that was supposed to be room-temperatured.

Anyway... my little brother Sam looooves cookie dough. He's probably completely immune to salmonella at this point. (Did you know that the ingestion of bacteria-laden dust can cause infection in very small children?... Sorry, mom!) We were looking at recipes to make together and just had to do this one. Also, I've been looking to stretch my baking skills, and this recipe is pretty complicated.

It involves three parts: cupcake batter, filling, and frosting. You might want to make it over two days; I got pretty burnt out at the end.

Here's the recipe: http://traceysculinaryadventures.blogspot.com/2011/01/chocolate-chip-cookie-dough-cupcakes.html

I didn't top them with little cookies or with chocolate chips. Call me lazy. Do it.

I got to use my cupcake plunger! It works!

So you make holes in the baked cupcakes...

This is what happens when your mother helps you bake. The ORIGINAL om nommer.

Then you make eggless cookie dough to put in that little hole (or just to eat)


Ball up the cookie dough into foosball-sized balls (I had a hard time coming up with a good comparison for that one. Give me a break) and place in the holes. Also LOOK HOW GOOD I AM AT FROSTING NOW


And voila! Done and done. Just ignore the smeared one in the front. Also the smeared one in the back.


The inside of the cupcakes. The darker beige part is the soft dough inside!

~Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment